In this article, we will explain some recommended solutions to fix Installation Errors on QuickBooks Point Of Sale. Errors can be encountered in QuickBooks Point of Sale as it is a complex software that has the ability to perform multiple functions at a time. The error can be the result of various process malfunctions and data damage that might occur in the long run of the software.
For preventing data damage and any other issue only use recommended solutions to treat the error. For any further assistance, you can call QuickBooks Technical Support
The common installation are:-
- QuickBooks POS Error 1304
- QuickBooks POS Error 1642
- QuickBooks POS Error 1706
- QuickBooks Error: Unable to start the IntuitUpdateService
Cause- These types of errors are usually encountered when there is data damage in the installation files, malfunction of Microsoft .NET Framework or maybe due to missing installation files.
Further, in this article, we will provide you the recommended solutions for common Installation Errors. Make sure that all steps are followed correctly.
Q- What are the main causes that usually bring up common installation errors?
QuickBooks Point Of Sale Common Installation errors are usually encountered sue to these faults-
- Unsupported version of Microsoft .NET Framework running on your computer.
- Microsoft .NET Framework not installed properly.
- Damaged Installation execution file or missing data file.
- Outdated QuickBooks Point Of Sale execution problem
Note: Do make sure that your computer has a updated version of the Microsoft .NET Framework that is running properly. It is possible that you might have installed .NET Framework through a damaged installation file
Fix Installation Errors on QuickBooks Point Of Sale
Follow the solutions in the sequence as they are mentioned for the best results.
Solution 1- Updating QuickBooks Point Of Sale database files.
- Launch QuickBooks Point Of Sale on the computer that is facing the error.
- Open help menu in you QuickBooks POS and select “About Point Of Sale”
- Here in the about menu look for the version for QuickBooks POS if it is the latest or not. If the version is outdated you must look for the update.
- Open product Download & Update Page for QuickBooks on your Internet Browser.
- Click the dropdown menu available for the Product type.
- Here you are required to select the correct version of your QuickBooks Point Of Sale
- Click on “Get the latest Update” for searching an update that available for you.
- Save the file in a location that is easily accessible.
- Once the download is complete got to the folder where the file is stored and simply double click the downloaded file.
- Keep following the instructions prompted to you to complete the update process.
Solution 2- QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale Re-Installation( reset all settings)
- On your keyboard press a key combination of Windows+R key to open the run window.
- In the run window enter “control panel”, this command will open your windows control panel.
- In the windows control panel locate the “Uninstall Program” and click on it.
- Now you will see a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
- From the list of programs find and select “QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale”.
- Click on Uninstall to remove the application.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to end. Restart the computer when the program is uninstalled.
Solution 3- Removal of damages file for QuickBooks to refresh them.
In this step, you are required to delete the folder that contains the damaged datafiles.
Locate these locations in your compute-
- C:\ Users\Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
- C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- C:\ ProgramData\Intuit\ QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0
Once you have located the folder select it by a single click and press a key combination of Ctrl+Shift+Delete.
Solution 4- Removing QBPOSDBSrvUser from your windows that might be quarantined
- Press Windows + S key to open windows search.
- In Windows search enter “Control Panel” and press enter key.
- From the search results find and open User Accounts.
- Here you need to select the option “Manage another account”.
- Find and select “QBPOSDBSrvUser and then click on “Delete the account”
- In confirmation pop up select Yes.
Solution 5- Installing a fresh copy of QuickBooks Point Of Sale.
- Find the setup file that you used for installing QuickBooks Point of Sale on your computer.
- Apply double click on the installation set-up file to launch it.
- Click on “Yes to all” and then click next to proceed.
- Mark “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click next to proceed.
- Now you will be asked to enter your product and license number that is compulsory.
- Click next after entering your product number and license number.
- Select Multi-User or Single user according to your preference.
- Click the install button to start the reinstall of the product.
- Once the process is complete restart your computer.
These were some basic troubleshooting to fix Installation Errors on QuickBooks Point Of Sale. ONLY follow the recommended solutions. If the error is not fixed you must contact QuickBooks Technical Support. In case of data, damage ask then to connect with QuickBooks Data Recovery Team.