Here in this article, we will provide you a guide to Fix QuickBooks Company File and Network Issues Using QuickBooks File Doctor while having any network or a company file issue. QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool provided by Intuit to help QuickBooks users to troubleshoot minor issues that can bring up errors. If you are facing any critical problem in your QuickBooks then we recommend you to contact QuickBooks Technical Support for further assistance.
QuickBooks File Doctor usually help in fixing issues related to the company file as well as various other errors like-
Error: 6000 -82
Error: 6000 -305
Error: 6000 -301
Error: H101, H202, H303, H505
Missing lists (Blank customer, vendor, employee)
These were some error that might get fixed using the File Doctor if they have not reached a critical stage. In case you are not able to get your error fixed by File doctor then you can get consulted by our QuickBooks ProAdvisors at QuickBooks Support.
Now let’s get started to Fix QuickBooks Company File and Network Issues Using QuickBooks File Doctor
Step 1- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor
- First, Download QuickBooks File doctor from website.
- Save the file you downloaded at a location that is easy to access.
- Wait for the download to finish. Double click the downloaded file to start installation setup for File Doctor.
- Setup will display on-screen instruction which you have to follow. Wait for the installation process to end.
- The tool will get launched automatically once the installation is complete or else you can double click the File Doctor icon on your desktop to launch the tool.
Step 2- Using the file doctor on your Desktop
- Open QuickBooks File Doctor and on the first window browse and select the folder that contains all your QuickBooks Data. Usually, this folder is located in C://Drive/Program Files.
- After selecting the data folder you will be asked to select the error type you are facing in your QuickBooks-
- If you are getting Error Code- 6000 (-6150, -6000 -82, -6000 -305, -6000 -301, -6147, or -6130 you must select the option which says “Check Network Connectivity Only” and press the continue button.
- In case you are getting error codes like H202, H101, H303, or H505, you have to select the option which says “Check your file and network” and then you need to click on “Continue”.
The scan might take some time, once completed you have to restart the computer.
Important: File doctor might display a pop-up to update your company file. You do not need to agree with that as this is not necessary. Click no and continue.
If QuickBooks file doctor is not able to run then this means that your issue has reached a critical stage and the tool is not able to work on that problem. In this case on QuickBooks Technical Support can help you to get your QuickBooks Desktop running properly.
- The File doctor will now ask you to enter your admin password to make sure that you are a genuine user. Enter the admin password to confirm
- Now you need to select the system type depending on if it is a server or workstation.This will determine which kind of fix has to be applied.
- Select Server if you are the host of company file and also make sure that you are in single-user mode. If you are asked to share the company file then simply click on NO.
- Select workstation is you are not hosting the company file but connected to the network. Click YES if you are prompted to share the company file.
By following these steps your scan will get started. Wait until the scan process ends. If the result of the scan is unsuccessful then it means that QuickBooks File Doctor is not able to help you as the error has reached its critical stage. Call QuickBooks Technical Support to know more.
Step 3- Update your QuickBooks Database to the latest release
Make sure that you are always using the latest version of QuickBooks On your computer. Incase older version is being used then you must download and install the latest patch available.
- Use a web browser to open the QuickBooks download & update page.
- Search for the updates depending on your version of QuickBooks.
- Download the update patch that has been made available for you.
- Once downloaded double click on setup exe and then follow the on-screen instruction to install the update patch.
- Once the update is completed you may restart your computer.