Here in this article, we have described the process to install new QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier, Enterprise) and how you can Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop and Updating company file.
As soon as the new version of QuickBooks is released you can download the new version. We will let you know how you can Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop from your previous version to the latest so that you can use the smarter QuickBooks features that are added in every update.
QuickBooks is one of the most preferable financial software around the global market because of its latest features. Upgrading QuickBooks is important as our developers keep working on finding a new and efficient way to work on our software and add it to the updates, to use those features you must have the latest version of QuickBooks.
Step 1- Installation and activation of New QuickBooks Desktop
- First, you need to download the genuine installer setup for QuickBooks Desktop which can be found on QuickBooks Download & update page.
- Once downloaded double click on the setup file and keep following the on-screen instructions to install.
- You will be asked to enter your product & license number which we have sent you in your email
Note- If you are having any trouble in installing QuickBooks, you can contact our QuickBooks Technical Support for help.
Step 2- Preparing QuickBooks Files for an update
- Are you using the QuickBooks file on the server? In this case, you should save the file on your local drive which would make the upgrade process much more easier. Do make a backup copy of your file so that later you can back it up on the QuickBooks.
- Using the Rebuild tool before the upgrade can be very helpful as you can avoid data issues that can come up during the file conversion process.
Step 3- Updating the QuickBooks Company file for the new version of QuickBooks
Once you have the new version of QuickBooks you can update your company file as well to get it ready to be used on the new version. One the company file gets updated you can no longer use that file on the older version of QuickBooks. Backing up a company file is recommended before converting the file just to make the file safe.
- Open the File menu in QuickBooks and choose “ Open or Restore Company”.
- Select either “Restore a backup copy” or “Open a new company file” and then click on next. If you want to restore the local backup copy then you need to open that backup copy.
- Browse and select the company file that is to be restored. Simply click on OPEN.
- Log into QuickBooks as an admin. Only the admin of a company file can upgrade a company file.
- QuickBooks will now recommend you to upgrade your company file before opening. Click on “Update Now” to get it updated. Select the option “Change this default location” if you want to change the file location for an updated company file.
- Click on done once the upgrade process gets completed.
- This would help you to Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop